Thursday, April 29, 2010

kite strings



A Tour of the World in 80 Seconds

I need to find myself an excuse to go around the world like this. I've made myself a bucket list of sorts, and to "travel the world" stands on the tip-top. I feel as though I've been neglecting my list, lately. It's hard not to, when I'm stuck having to deal with "daily life". Your life dreams can so easily get drowned in the noise and bustle of work that has to get done, bills that have to be paid, rooms that have to be cleaned, calls that have to be made, and so on and so on.

When I'm near the end and look back at my life, I don't want to say, "Yes, I earned so much money, doing nothing but work. Bought a big house. Bought a fancy car." Instead, I'd rather be able to tell my grandkids, "Yes, I saw the world, climbed a mountain, learned four languages, and lived life spontaneously."


This video I found on mrtalented.com. Mr. Talented himself was sitting on 27th Street, holding a long kite string attached to a bundle of balloons. His card, both untearable and waterproof, read "Mr. Talented" - with his BBM barcode stamped on the back.

"Nobody ever looks up," he said.


Complete your lists,

Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment