Saturday, April 10, 2010

city walks

Lately I've been making beds out of lawns, pillows of my arms, canopies of the night sky. How could I not, when everything has been so impeccably beautiful? It's these surroundings that make me wish life could always be so simple as lying on a grass mattress, enjoying the touch of a breeze's warm fingertips through my hair. Sharing a bit of what I've seen on my recent walks..



Something new I found at Idlewild Books. ( W 19th St, Between 5th and 6th Ave. ) Their shelves are arranged by country, something I haven't really seen yet. It's wonderful.



I saw sand artist Joe Mangrum at Union Square one sunny day. He'd been working on this since 11:30am. I took this picture around 3:15pm. Follow him on Facebook and Twitter and take a look at his portfolio, it's absolutely incredible.



During my walking along the Pier, I came across bicycle painted white in memorial to a man named Carl Nacht. It's been four years, I hope he's found rest.



Who knew concrete and metal could be so beautiful ?

- Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment