Saturday, April 3, 2010

"It's like Normandy, but fluffier!"

As the man behind us proclaimed to whomever was on the receiving end of his cellphone,

"Carnage! It's absolute carnage!"

I will forever be grateful to my Blackberry for insistently bleeping in order to remind me: there's a pillow fight in Union Square today! What excitement! A quick text to Amanda and we're off, catching the next NQRW to Union Square station. Emerging from the underground felt like climbing the stairway to heaven, where the angels have decided to create a snow storm with the feathers of their wings. Looking upward, you could see soft white feather-flakes swirling against the blue sky--how serene, how surreal! Yet making it to ground level, the full impact of the scene was a happy hell. Chaos spun with laughter, attacks made and met with friendly counters. Cameras, everywhere - people dressed in costumes (Waldo was absolutely done for when they found him in the crowd!), people making friends, people lying with their pillows on the grass, feather pillows bursting like geysers, here, there - a bop on the head, shouting conversations, yet all so ... soothing. How could it not be, when everyone had gone out simply to enjoy the sunlight and the merrymaking? I would say that you could not possibly give me more reason to love this cemented jungle even more than I already do, but with happenings such as these... nothing is impossible.


I think I've sufficiently inhaled enough fluff to be literally featherbrained. Carpe diem, ladies and gents. Seize the day!




-- Aisha K.

No comments:

Post a Comment