Sunday, April 18, 2010

some people just don't belong in a small town



I think everyone should see this play at least once in their lives.

My friend Joe took me to see Our Town, a play at the Barrow Street Theatre [ 27th Barrow St., off Seventh Ave. ]. After perhaps an hour and a half of watching, I'd honestly begun to think that I was sitting through a play about nothing. A boring town, a boring life, with no climax--how could this possibly be a Pulitzer Prize winner?! The answer was thrown in my face in Act Three and let me tell you, it gave me chills. I won't spoil anything for you (if in case, on a ridiculously long shot, you actually decide to hike downtown to see it) but I will say that I didn't hesitate to join the standing ovation. Moral of the story? Don't live life like you've got a million years ahead of you. The clock's ticking, so make the most of your everyday.



Pre-play gelatos at L'ARTE del GELATO [ 75 Seventh Ave. S, Barrow Street ]. I got Coco and Nutella in a sugar cone. Love love love!!!



Joe being a self-proclaimed restaurant connoisseur ( 'That place has a pig lantern, it must be legitimate!' ) immediately spotted this Japanese restaurant, Hakata TonTon [ 61 Grove Street between Bleecker St. and Seventh Ave. ]. It may not be very impressive on the outside, but it's what's inside that matters. With a wonderfully chic interior, EXCELLENT service, EXCELLENT food, even an EXCELLENT bathroom (exfoliating lotion and mouthwash provided?!), you wouldn't think this place could get any better. Wrong. Their prices are excellent, too! Five stars in my book (and apparently New York Times agrees!). With a $20 tip, I certainly let them know that I'd be back for more!!

Cheers to PERFECT DAYS like this.

--
Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment