Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beauty fills My Eyes.

Happy Easter everyone!
Early morning, church and brunch before it's back to New York. Cannot wait to see my lovelies and catch up.
Being home, I've had the pleasure of driving around Buffalo, especially at night. There is something about being on the road at night, maybe the eery and empty path ahead, that has me longing for just the right type of music to accompany me on the long journey. At night, there's a connection with the melancholy even the nostalgic undertones that songs encounter and worship. While driving to my friend Will's house, In Harbor began to echo throughout the car -
"Wondering, aimlessly for so I'm trying to find a way. Seeing glimpses of bigger things, illusions take over me."
The song, powerful and sad, captures a world only understood when the lights flicker and finally switch off. Why is it that at night, what we find puzzling and beyond our understanding finally makes sense? The darkness that succumbs the world hides everything we consider tangible, yet somehow the indescribable becomes apparent. How temporary this world is. Not just life itself, but our thoughts and feelings. How quickly we change our opinions at night, and how quickly we regret in the morning.
Here, these songs and photographs compliment the night, yet never lose their mystery. In the morning, it will all be a memory encompassing a dream.
At night, we long. Long for someone, for something so far away, like a distant star we simply cannot hold.
Have a beautiful day,
R.D

No comments:

Post a Comment