Saturday, May 1, 2010

face the facts




I'm doing a reevaluation of my current lifestyle: late nights (or no sleep at all) due to projects, lack of a consistent diet, a little less hydrated than I should be, etc. I've come to the conclusion
that all of us attending any type of art or fashion school will have looked like they've aged about 20-30 years over the course of just 4. Unless you take action in order to prevent such a horrific idea. What with work and busy schedules, I had no idea how I'd accomplish such a feat.

Until the other day, when I stumbled upon the grounds of the Fashion Nation blog. What I discovered were simple, easy tips and tricks to prevent this expedited art-school-aging syndrome.


Food Your Skin Will Love



Aloe Vera.

It's best to use products such as Banana Boat's After Sun Gel, according to Fashion Nation blogger Stephie. Usually used for sun burns, it also nourishes dry patches of skin.

Others also say that you could actually just use the extract from the aloe as a face mask -- I know what I'm doing this weekend!












Avocado.

I love this fruit already and have actually made avocado milkshakes in the past. All you do is add milk. Of course, you can also mash up the avocado and use it as a face mask. The fruit isn't badly priced, and the benefits would be all worth it.












Olive Oil.

This one I knew about already : using 100% virgin olive oil, apply to your skin (around nails, hands, etc) to moisturize. According to Loreal make up artist Michelle Phan, it's also a great way to remove eye make up, cleanly taking off debris while simultaneously moisturizing your skin.

Michelle also has a great Olive Oil Sugar Scrub formula with honey, olive oil, and sugar. Leave on for two minutes, and voila!












Acai Fruit.

No, they are NOT blueberries, as I originally thought by the picture. Stephie buys Acai-based products from Kiehl's. According to her, this is an extremely powerful fruit when it comes to skincare. Drinking the juice and eating the actual fruit wouldn't hurt, either!


Four Things Your Skin Will Hate

Smoking. Ages you quickly. If you do, either take very good care of your skin or quit.

Dehydration.
Lack of moisture, dryer, bumpier skin. Drink plenty of water!

Lack of Sleep.
You should be getting 8 hours of sleep every night.

Exposure to the Sun.
Always use a good sunblock, indoors and out.


Always glowing,

Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment