Saturday, May 8, 2010

reprogram

What happens when you abandon emotion? When you dead yourself off to the world, why do you do it? Is it because you are afraid of being hurt? You've toughened your skin so much that it feels like steel, almost impossible to penetrate. Your walls are far too high - you're only sentencing yourself to life in isolation. And then what? When you were young, what were your dreams? Did you have any?

When you were young, did you say, "When I grow up, I want to be a robot"?

Objects can't feel like people, but can people feel like objects? Used, neglected, loved .. or dead, emotionless, unfeeling, only serving to carry out its proper functions? I'm seeing it in people I love, and I'm afraid they'll never find their way out.





I've been a fan of WongFu Productions for years now. I even met WongFu when they came to Rutgers (they signed my sketchbook!) and it was wonderful. Their new short film, When Five Fell, is a story so bittersweet. It poses this question: Can everyday objects we love, use, and often neglect love us back just as much ... if not, even more?

Check out their website -
Watch their other short films -
Fall in love.

Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment