Monday, March 29, 2010

My Face Blew Up at such a Casual Sight.


The morning after.
What a wonderful show it was, Passion Pit. I've never danced more in my life and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Everything from the head rush to the never ending ringing of the ears. I went with the best people, all willing to have the craziest time possible. My partner in crime, Cj and I met up with Passion Pit's lead singer Jeff Apruzzese's younger brother in the crowd and we ended up knowing a few of the same people. Gotta love Buffalo "Where everybody knows you name". The band played very well despite the electrical problems and Apruzzese's voice was spot on, impeccable. My only complaints: their set was way too short considering how long we had to wait for them to go on and I wasn't a huge fan of the venue (I really dislike big, stocky security men blocken my view).
I think my verdict was quite clear after the lovely band did a cover of The Cranberries' Dream (a request from Apruzzese's parents).

Problem is, now I'm craving another concert. Freelance Whales anyone?


La Blogotheque on Vimeo. Wilco


Song of the day: Difficult to pick today, so many to choose from. KEXP just posted this as their free song of the day and I thought it was just perfect after seeing Passion Pit. The Ruby Suns are quite an eclectic bunch from New Zealand that just came out with their third full album release the beginning of this month. Here we see plenty of digital effects and synthesizers that resemble Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion... Here, my friends, is Cranberry:



(So many references to Cranberries!)

Tata,
R.D

No comments:

Post a Comment