Wednesday, March 24, 2010


Change in season, change in wardrobe. These warmer days have got me fiending for new clothes. I'm way more than ready to trade in my sweaters for sun dresses and skirts. One item I absolutely fell in love with this season? This canvas skirt with J. Crew's spin on the camouflage print. While the textile is actually made up of flowers and branches, the colors make it appear to be quite militaristic at first glance. Though it looks absolutely exquisite on Miss Dearlove, I found the fit to be a bit on the stiffer side with an odd poof at the back. So I guess I won't be buying this skirt for the season, after all.

Cotton/Silk Blend -- $25/yd

However, of my many, many trips to Mood Fabrics, I stumbled upon this lovely print. There was another roll of it in soft pinks, but I preferred the green. It strikes me how reminiscent this fabric is to J. Crew's canvas skirt, so naturally I had to do something with it. One and a half yards later...

Voila! Easy to make and light as air, so there's nothing to weigh me down when I frolick. Oh, I am so ready for spring. Salut!

-- Aisha K.


No comments:

Post a Comment